Every day people are getting turned down for a home loan because their credit score is below 620. The truth is it doesn’t have to be this way because there are options available on FHA loans with credit scores as low as 580. Just because you have bad or poor credit doesn’t mean you can’t get a home loan. While some restrictions do apply, you can contact us today to learn more about your options.
The struggling economy has put a lot of home owners in a difficult position, but if you find yourself with low credit scores due to unfortunate circumstances we can still help you find a home loan. It isn’t easy to re-establish good credit, but we will do everything we can to help you achieve home ownership with the lowest possible interest rate – even with a low credit score.
To apply for a home mortgage loan, with or without a low credit score, you will need to gather some information to submit with your application. You generally will need:
- A copy of your social security card
- A copy of your photo ID or driver license
- W2s and tax returns for the past 2 years
- Current pay stubs for the past 2 months
- Residence addresses for the past 2 years
- A list of any properties owned
- Monthly payments for all credit cards, loans, etc.
- Bank account statements for the past 2 months
- If you are a Veteran you will need a Certificate of Eligibility
In addition to the above information, to be approved for an FHA, VA or Conventional mortgage you will need:
- To live in the home for which you are receiving the loan
- A credit score above the requirement for a low credit score mortgage
- To have enough eligible income to meet the monthly payments for the loan
- To be ready to write a letter of explanation regarding your current financial status
To find out what loan program meets your needs with a low credit score, simply fill out the online form and one of our loan specialists will contact you. We look forward to helping you.